Across the globe, companies that are vision-driven are investing in a pipeline of emerging executives who can help them build and secure a competitive edge in their respective industries. The Young Leader’s Chapter (YLC) of the Chartered Institute of Leadership and Governance (CILG) speeds up this time-consuming process by equipping up-and-coming leaders with a broader understanding of the global marketplace and a more integrated view of an organization. A leader must have a vision that is common and collective, far-reaching yet contemporary, reflecting the aspirations of every single citizen and the nation as a whole.
CILG’s YLC is an approach to prepare and equip individuals with leadership confidence, cross-functional skills, and strategic insights to drive meaningful change, ideas and innovations geared towards the proper and effective handling of societal values and problems.
The CILG is a professional body established under the law of the State of New Mexico, United States of America, to build and implement Leadership and Governance skills in the administration of professional duties. CILG is currently in 30 different countries across the globe.
- An opportunity for you to be mentored by renowned leaders in your chosen career. CILG as a professional body has a lot of members who are leaders with different professional expertise. Young leaders are therefore assigned to the leaders in their chosen field for mentoring
- You will be added to a global network of young individuals from different tertiary institution who are aspiring to be leaders. There is a saying that ‘your network determines your net-worth’. When you join CILG you have the exposure by meeting other young professionals from different tertiary institutions with different background and get to relate and share knowledge.
- Discounts for Annual Conferences and other CILG’s events. As an affiliate member, you are always given discounts on seminar fees. This includes both local and international seminars as well as discount on seminars organised by partners of CILG such us Chartered Institute of Management and Leadership.
- A wide range of publications. Young leaders would also be allowed to submit articles for publication. Your write ups and articles will be exposed to the outside world with our leadership magazine called “The Leadership Mirror” on quarterly bases. This is another form of exposure to the world, through this your social life will be enhanced and recognized globally for your input to development and leadership.
- Eligibility to be nominated for CILG’s young leaders’ annual awards. This award is organized yearly where a young leader is awarded for maintaining high integrity and exceptional leadership skill throughout the year. The winner of such an award will be published globally about his/her achievement and profile.
- Availability of scholarships to further your education in both professional and academic programmes. Scholarships are available for young leaders to further their education.