In a world that is becoming highly competitive, globalized and sophisticated, it is imperative for countries to have leaders and public-sector managers who can not only measure up to the current challenges but also anticipate and prepare for future ones. A leader must have a vision that is common and collective, far-reaching yet contemporary, reflecting the aspirations of every single citizen and the nation as a whole. This, in essence, brought about the establishment of The Chartered Institute of Leadership and Governance.
The Chartered Institute of Leadership and Governance is a professional body established under the laws of the State of New Mexico, United States of America, to build and implement Leadership and Governance skills in the administration of duties.
CILG is an approach to prepare and equip individuals with ideas and innovations geared towards the proper and effective handling of societal values and problems through the teaching of administrative skills and leadership cues.
The Institute has capabilities in bringing about educational and professional development in leadership and governance skills through programs that are aimed at preparing and providing leaders with adequate and effective skills to provide solution to everyday leadership and governance problems.
To be the best reference nationally and internationally in producing committed and sincere leaders in different sectors and spheres of life.
To train and certify members through education and instruction in fields relating to Leadership and Governance which will be locally and internationally recognized and trusted.
- To provide training in the areas of social and political leadership, governance and public policies relevant for public life, government administration, social sector, non-profit organizations, corporate sector, common citizens, etc.
- To conduct individual or collaborative research relating to leadership, governance studies and other public policies.
- To organize academic programs (seminars, workshops, colloquia, etc.) and invite distinguished scholars and practitioners for sharing of ideas and perspectives.
- To serve as an institutional link for collaboration with other such institutions, centers and schools globally.
- To emerge as a think tank and help build bridges between academia and policymakers with a view to increasing their capability to understand and tackle socio-political national and international issues and processes in order to enhance awareness and critical understanding.